Peconic Historic Preservation accomplishes its mission to help preserve our history in five distinct ways:
1. Empowering local citizens, organizations and governments with needed tools to preserve our historically significant buildings.
2. Advocating for this preservation through public policy development, working with elected officials, grassroots organizing and strategic technical support.
3. Keeping citizens informed about historic preservation through regular communications, programs and events.
4. Promoting connections and innovative approaches among people and organizations to increase awareness of historic buildings and community preservation activities.
5. Being a steward of historic buildings on Eastern Long Island through the holding of easements in perpetuity.